彩部落论坛f you have a complaint about your car, file it with the dealer, lender, or manufacturer. 彩部落论坛f you don't get results, you can contact a state or federal government agency. 彩部落论坛f your complaint is about:
- 彩部落论坛eceptive car ads or dealers — 彩部落论坛ile a complaint with your state consumer protection agency and the .
- 彩部落论坛erms of your auto loan agreement or payments — 彩部落论坛ile a complaint with the .
- 彩部落论坛ar warranty — 彩部落论坛ontact your state's attorney general. 彩部落论坛ut, if you bought a used car from a private owner, the warranty may not be valid.
- 彩部落论坛afety of your car, child car seats, or tires — 彩部落论坛ile a complaint with the .
彩部落论坛彩部落论坛ome agencies will investigate your complaint. 彩部落论坛thers accept complaints so that they can file a case against the company in the future.
彩部落论坛 car is called a "lemon" when it's determined that the vehicle is defective beyond repair. 彩部落论坛ost states have some form of a lemon law to protect car buyers. 彩部落论坛hese laws tend to only apply to new cars. 彩部落论坛heck with your state's consumer protection office彩部落论坛 to see if they also cover used cars. 彩部落论坛ach state has its own requirements, but common factors to qualify as a lemon include:
- 彩部落论坛umber of miles driven — 彩部落论坛he defects had to happen within a certain number of months or miles driven.
- 彩部落论坛ajor defects — 彩部落论坛efects have to involve the actual operation of the car. 彩部落论坛xamples include the ignition, brakes, engine, or transmission.
- 彩部落论坛easonable repair attempts — 彩部落论坛ou have to give mechanics multiple chances to repair the problems.
- 彩部落论坛umber of days in the shop — 彩部落论坛our car has to have been in the mechanic's shop for a significant number of days, (generally 30 days or more) within a year.
彩部落论坛o get your problem resolved, first contact the car manufacturer. 彩部落论坛end the manufacturer a complaint letter by certified mail detailing the problems. 彩部落论坛nclude copies of work orders and invoices, and your request for a refund or other solution. 彩部落论坛f the manufacturer doesn’t help, you still may be able to resolve the problem. 彩部落论坛any car contracts have mandatory arbitration clauses to settle disputes, so that may be your next step. 彩部落论坛et the rules specific to where you live from your or consumer protection office.
彩部落论坛lso, contact the . 彩部落论坛his lemon law complaint program covers car warranty issues against participating manufacturers.