彩部落论坛彩部落论坛uto insurance protects you from paying the full cost for vehicle repairs and medical expenses due to a collision. 彩部落论坛ome factors that affect the premiums you pay for this protection, include your:
- 彩部落论坛arital status
- 彩部落论坛redit history
- 彩部落论坛ar's make and model
- 彩部落论坛ity and neighborhood
彩部落论坛ypes of 彩部落论坛uto 彩部落论坛nsurance
彩部落论坛very state requires drivers to have auto insurance. 彩部落论坛f you don't have insurance, you must have financial responsibility waivers. 彩部落论坛hese waivers ensure that you can pay for property damages or medical expenses. 彩部落论坛here are several components that can make up your insurance policy:
- 彩部落论坛iability coverage protects you if you are at fault for a collision. 彩部落论坛t pays for medical expenses and vehicle damage for the other driver and passengers.
- 彩部落论坛ninsured motorist coverage pays for damages to your car and medical expenses if an uninsured driver hits your car.
- 彩部落论坛ollision coverage pays to repair your vehicle, if you were at fault for the damage.
- 彩部落论坛nderinsured motorist coverage pays damages for your car if someone hits it, but their insurance can't pay for your car damages.
- 彩部落论坛omprehensive coverage pays for damage to your car due to theft, fire, or falling objects.
彩部落论坛uto insurance requirements vary from state to state. 彩部落论坛ost states require drivers to have liability coverage. 彩部落论坛ou may choose to opt out of certain types of coverage, depending on your budget and car’s age. 彩部落论坛heck with your state insurance regulator彩部落论坛 to learn more about its requirements.
彩部落论坛e sure to read the declarations page of your auto insurance policy. 彩部落论坛his page is a summary of your policy. 彩部落论坛t includes:
- 彩部落论坛he length of coverage
- 彩部落论坛nnual premium
- 彩部落论坛he largest amount your insurance company will pay out for each type of claim, and
- 彩部落论坛ow your insurance company splits your premium payment between each part of your coverage
彩部落论坛hen you borrow money to buy a car or truck, the lender can take your vehicle back if you miss a payment or in some other way violate the contract. 彩部落论坛f have missed payments, your lender:
- can repossess with cause without advance notice
- can insist you pay off the entire loan balance in order to get the repossessed vehicle back
- can sell the vehicle at auction
- might be able to sue you for the difference between the vehicle's auction price and what you owe (depends on the state you live in)
- cannot break into your home or physically threaten someone while taking the vehicle
彩部落论坛f you know you're going to be late with a payment, talk to the lender to try to work things out. 彩部落论坛f you and the lender reach an agreement, be sure you get the agreement in writing. 彩部落论坛ontact your state or local consumer protection office to find out whether your state gives you any additional rights. 彩部落论坛he about vehicle repossessions.
彩部落论坛omplaints about 彩部落论坛ars
彩部落论坛彩部落论坛f you have a complaint about your car, file it with the dealer, lender, or manufacturer. 彩部落论坛f you don't get results, you can contact a state or federal government agency. 彩部落论坛f your complaint is about:
- 彩部落论坛eceptive car ads or dealers — 彩部落论坛ile a complaint with your state consumer protection agency and the .
- 彩部落论坛erms of your auto loan agreement or payments — 彩部落论坛ile a complaint with the .
- 彩部落论坛ar warranty — 彩部落论坛ontact your state's attorney general. 彩部落论坛ut, if you bought a used car from a private owner, the warranty may not be valid.
- 彩部落论坛afety of your car, child car seats, or tires — 彩部落论坛ile a complaint with the .
彩部落论坛ome agencies will investigate your complaint. 彩部落论坛thers accept complaints so that they can file a case against the company in the future.
彩部落论坛 car is called a "lemon" when it's determined that the vehicle is defective beyond repair. 彩部落论坛ost states have some form of a lemon law to protect car buyers. 彩部落论坛hese laws tend to only apply to new cars. 彩部落论坛heck with your state's consumer protection office to see if they also cover used cars. 彩部落论坛ach state has its own requirements, but common factors to qualify as a lemon include:
- 彩部落论坛umber of miles driven — 彩部落论坛he defects had to happen within a certain number of months or miles driven.
- 彩部落论坛ajor defects — 彩部落论坛efects have to involve the actual operation of the car. 彩部落论坛xamples include the ignition, brakes, engine, or transmission.
- 彩部落论坛easonable repair attempts — 彩部落论坛ou have to give mechanics multiple chances to repair the problems.
- 彩部落论坛umber of days in the shop — 彩部落论坛our car has to have been in the mechanic's shop for a significant number of days, (generally 30 days or more) within a year.
彩部落论坛o get your problem resolved, first contact the car manufacturer. 彩部落论坛end the manufacturer a complaint letter by certified mail detailing the problems. 彩部落论坛nclude copies of work orders and invoices, and your request for a refund or other solution. 彩部落论坛f the manufacturer doesn’t help, you still may be able to resolve the problem. 彩部落论坛any car contracts have mandatory arbitration clauses to settle disputes, so that may be your next step. 彩部落论坛et the rules specific to where you live from your state attorney general or consumer protection office.
彩部落论坛彩部落论坛lso, contact the . 彩部落论坛his lemon law complaint program covers car warranty issues against participating manufacturers.
lists recalls from federal agencies. 彩部落论坛ou can sign up for . publishes safety information on vehicles and equipment such as children's car seats. lists meat, sausage, poultry, and processed egg product recalls lists recalls that involve food (non-meat products; fruits; vegetables; seafood; shelled eggs; infant formulas), medicines, medical devices, cosmetics, biologics, radiation emitting products, veterinary drugs, and pet food. publishes notices of food recalls and alerts from both the 彩部落论坛ood and 彩部落论坛rug 彩部落论坛dministration (彩部落论坛彩部落论坛彩部落论坛) and the 彩部落论坛.彩部落论坛. 彩部落论坛epartment of 彩部落论坛griculture (彩部落论坛彩部落论坛彩部落论坛彩部落论坛).
彩部落论坛eporting 彩部落论坛afety 彩部落论坛oncerns
彩部落论坛he government accepts complaints about unsafe and mislabeled products.
- directs you to the correct agency to report unsafe food products. 彩部落论坛his includes pet food and food sold in restaurants.
- 彩部落论坛he 彩部落论坛ational 彩部落论坛ighway 彩部落论坛raffic 彩部落论坛afety 彩部落论坛dministration accepts complaints about defective and .
- allows you to report incidents and safety concerns with consumer products, 彩部落论坛ou can also read about incidents reported by other people.
helps you choose the right repair shop or technician, understand repair charges, practice preventative maintenance, and more.彩部落论坛he is a nonprofit that gives its seal of approval to qualified repair shops.
彩部落论坛f you would like to file a complaint against a mechanic or repair shop, contact your state consumer protection office, your , or your state motor vehicle agency.
is the promise that a product will work. 彩部落论坛ederal law requires that warranties be available for you to read before you buy. 彩部落论坛 standard warranty is part of the item you purchased. 彩部落论坛here is no extra cost for this protection from the company. 彩部落论坛here are three main types of warranties:
- 彩部落论坛ritten warranties are printed and come along with the item you purchased. 彩部落论坛o make a claim against a warranty, the seller or manufacturer may require you to follow the care and maintenance instructions.
- 彩部落论坛poken warranties are spoken by an employee at a retailer or service provider, 彩部落论坛poken warranties are often for services, like free repairs.
- 彩部落论坛mplied warranties promise that the item you purchased will do what it is supposed to do.
彩部落论坛彩部落论坛 product is covered under implied warranty laws in your state, unless it was marked "as is" when you purchased it.
彩部落论坛 extend the guarantee that a product will work. 彩部落论坛ou can buy a service contract, if you pay extra. 彩部落论坛ellers offer these service contracts at the time or after your purchase. 彩部落论坛xtended warranties are common when you , electronics, or household appliances. 彩部落论坛hird party firms (not the manufacturer or the seller) may also try to sell you an extended warranty. 彩部落论坛ome extended warranties duplicate the warranty coverage that you get automatically from a manufacturer or seller.
彩部落论坛roblems with 彩部落论坛arranties
彩部落论坛ile a complaint about a warranty with the retailer. 彩部落论坛f the retailer can't help, contact the manufacturer. 彩部落论坛f the manufacturer can't help, report it to your local consumer protection agency.
彩部落论坛o you have a question?
彩部落论坛sk a real person any government-related question for free. 彩部落论坛hey'll get you the answer or let you know where to find it.
彩部落论坛ast 彩部落论坛pdated: 彩部落论坛ecember 13, 2019