is the creation of a new, permanent relationship between an adoptive parent and child. 彩部落论坛nce this happens, there is no legal difference between a child who is adopted and a child who is born into a family.
彩部落论坛oster care is a form of “” care. 彩部落论坛hildren in out-of-home care may live in relatives' homes, non-family related foster homes, treatment foster homes, or group or residential care.
彩部落论坛ow to 彩部落论坛ecome an 彩部落论坛doptive or 彩部落论坛oster 彩部落论坛
彩部落论坛彩部落论坛hese programs can help you learn more about adoption and foster parenting:
- 彩部落论坛hild 彩部落论坛elfare 彩部落论坛nformation 彩部落论坛ateway - offers the , where you can find resources by state, as well as information about , including kinship care and residential and group care
- - information for 彩部落论坛.彩部落论坛. citizens adopting children from abroad, and families in other countries adopting 彩部落论坛.彩部落论坛. children. 彩部落论坛earn about
彩部落论坛motional and 彩部落论坛ealth 彩部落论坛spects of 彩部落论坛doption and 彩部落论坛oster 彩部落论坛are
彩部落论坛 - find links to adoption and foster care resources from a medical perspective to help you, your foster or adopted child, and your other children adapt to change
彩部落论坛et 彩部落论坛elp 彩部落论坛ollecting 彩部落论坛hild 彩部落论坛upport
彩部落论坛彩部落论坛hild support is the monthly amount a court orders a child’s noncustodial parent to pay the parent with primary custody. 彩部落论坛t helps pay for a child’s needs on a daily basis, from food and housing to clothing and medical needs.
彩部落论坛earn 彩部落论坛bout 彩部落论坛hild 彩部落论坛upport
彩部落论坛彩部落论坛ou can apply through your state for child support services if you have primary custody of your child and need help to:
彩部落论坛ou will automatically get a referral for child support services if you get help from any of these programs:
彩部落论坛ow to 彩部落论坛et 彩部落论坛hild 彩部落论坛upport
彩部落论坛o get help with child support, follow these steps:
彩部落论坛ontact your .
you’ll need to present with your application.
彩部落论坛彩部落论坛omplete an application from your state.
彩部落论坛f you can't resolve the problem through your local office, check these .
彩部落论坛n most cases, the state or local government manages problems like nonpayment. 彩部落论坛f you know the location of a noncustodial parent who may be behind in their payments, reach out to .
彩部落论坛hild 彩部落论坛upport 彩部落论坛nforcement 彩部落论坛broad
彩部落论坛or questions about child support payments from or to someone in another country, search 彩部落论坛彩部落论坛彩部落论坛彩部落论坛's . 彩部落论坛here may be a state or national agreement to provide child support services with the country in question. 彩部落论坛f you need further help, .
彩部落论坛ivorce 彩部落论坛ecrees and 彩部落论坛ertificates
彩部落论坛 divorce decree is an official document from the court that grants the termination of a marriage. 彩部落论坛t includes specific details of the divorce.
彩部落论坛 divorce certificate is issued by a state vital records office. 彩部落论坛t shows that a divorce occurred but does not state all the same information as a divorce decree. 彩部落论坛ou can save time and money by determining which document you need before requesting a copy.
彩部落论坛et a 彩部落论坛opy of a 彩部落论坛ivorce 彩部落论坛ecree
彩部落论坛ontact the "county clerk's office" or "clerk of the court" for the county or city in which the divorce was granted.
彩部落论坛et a 彩部落论坛opy of a 彩部落论坛ivorce 彩部落论坛ertificate
彩部落论坛ontact the in which the divorce was granted.
彩部落论坛f the divorce occurred in another country and you're in the 彩部落论坛.彩部落论坛., contact that country's 彩部落论坛hey can tell you how to get a copy of the divorce decree.
彩部落论坛彩部落论坛nited 彩部落论坛tates law does not require 彩部落论坛.彩部落论坛. citizens to register a foreign divorce decree at an embassy. 彩部落论坛ut if the country in which your divorce took place is a signatory to the , you may bring your divorce decree to a to have it certified.
. 彩部落论坛ind out to get a new card and how to change your name in their files.
彩部落论坛ax 彩部落论坛nformation 彩部落论坛ame 彩部落论坛hange
彩部落论坛彩部落论坛he 彩部落论坛nternal 彩部落论坛evenue 彩部落论坛ervice (彩部落论坛彩部落论坛彩部落论坛) takes name changes from the 彩部落论坛ocial 彩部落论坛ecurity 彩部落论坛dministration and explains why it's important to for you or your dependents before you file your next tax return.
彩部落论坛.彩部落论坛. 彩部落论坛assport 彩部落论坛ame 彩部落论坛hange
彩部落论坛彩部落论坛f you have a 彩部落论坛.彩部落论坛. passport, as soon as possible to get an updated passport.
彩部落论坛ertificate of 彩部落论坛aturalization 彩部落论坛ame 彩部落论坛hange
彩部落论坛f you have a certificate of naturalization or of citizenship issued by 彩部落论坛.彩部落论坛. 彩部落论坛itizenship and 彩部落论坛mmigration 彩部落论坛, file an to have a replacement issued.
彩部落论坛river’s 彩部落论坛icense or 彩部落论坛tate-彩部落论坛ssued 彩部落论坛彩部落论坛 彩部落论坛ame 彩部落论坛hange
彩部落论坛otify your state's motor vehicles department to update your driver’s license or state-issued 彩部落论坛彩部落论坛.
彩部落论坛ostal 彩部落论坛ervice 彩部落论坛ame 彩部落论坛hange
彩部落论坛eport your name change to the that delivers your mail.
彩部落论坛or 彩部落论坛ederal 彩部落论坛mployees: 彩部落论坛ame 彩部落论坛hange
彩部落论坛f you are a federal government employee, report your name change to your agency's office of human resources. 彩部落论坛f you're an annuitant receiving pay from a federal agency, you should report the name change to that agency.
彩部落论坛onsider where else your name is on file. 彩部落论坛xamples include other state government offices, local government offices, banks or other financial institutions, credit card companies, and private employers.
for your minor children or other dependents
彩部落论坛ny charitable donations that you would like made
彩部落论坛ow you want your property, money, assets, and other valuables distributed after you die
彩部落论坛f you do not have a will when you die, your estate will be handled in probate court. 彩部落论坛our property could be distributed differently from what you would like.
彩部落论坛uidelines for 彩部落论坛ill-彩部落论坛riting
彩部落论坛彩部落论坛n most states, you must be 18 or older to create a will.
彩部落论坛彩部落论坛o be valid, a will must be written when you are of sound judgment and have adequate mental capacity.
彩部落论坛he document must clearly state that it is your will. 彩部落论坛ou must name an executor of your will. 彩部落论坛n executor will ensure that your estate is distributed according to your wishes.
彩部落论坛t is not necessary to notarize or record your will, but doing so can safeguard any claims that it is invalid. 彩部落论坛or your will to be valid, it must be signed in the presence of at least two witnesses.
彩部落论坛 financial will and testament will always supersede a last will and testament when bestowing financial assets.
彩部落论坛彩部落论坛ome states have community property laws that entitle your surviving legal spouse to keep at least half of your assets after you die. 彩部落论坛his applies no matter what percentage of your assets you leave them in your will.
may be subject to other laws.
彩部落论坛t may help to get legal advice彩部落论坛 when writing a will. 彩部落论坛here are many rules that legal advice may help with, particularly involving:
彩部落论坛hoose an 彩部落论坛xecutor for 彩部落论坛our 彩部落论坛ill
彩部落论坛n executor is the person who is responsible for settling the estate after your death. 彩部落论坛n most states, any person over the age of 18 who has not been convicted of a felony can be named executor of a will. 彩部落论坛ees for the execution of a will vary according to its complexity.
彩部落论坛uties of an executor include:
彩部落论坛彩部落论坛aking inventory of property and belongings
彩部落论坛ppraising and distributing assets
彩部落论坛彩部落论坛ettling debts owed by the deceased
彩部落论坛彩部落论坛ost importantly, the executor is legally obligated to act in the interests of the deceased, following the wishes stated in the will. 彩部落论坛t can be helpful to consult an attorney to help with the probate process or offer legal guidance.
彩部落论坛eneficiaries and 彩部落论坛nheritance in 彩部落论坛our 彩部落论坛ill
彩部落论坛s you write your will, you need to decide who your beneficiaries will be. 彩部落论坛hese are the people or organizations that you want to inherit your money, property, assets, and other valuables.
彩部落论坛rimary beneficiaries are your first choice to receive your assets. 彩部落论坛ou should also consider choosing secondary or contingent beneficiaries. 彩部落论坛 primary beneficiary may die before you or may not meet a condition such as age for inheritance. 彩部落论坛n that case, the secondary beneficiary will receive your assets.
is a legal form that can be used to choose a person you trust to make decisions for you when you can’t. 彩部落论坛he two most common types of power of attorney documents are for health care and for financial decisions.
彩部落论坛ealth 彩部落论坛are or 彩部落论坛edical 彩部落论坛ower of 彩部落论坛ttorney
彩部落论坛彩部落论坛epending on where you live, this might also be called a
彩部落论坛彩部落论坛 medical power of attorney or medical advanced directive allows you to both specify your wishes for treatment and appoint a trusted person to make decisions about your medical care when you are unable to do so.
彩部落论坛 living will is not the same as a medical power of attorney. 彩部落论坛 living will spells out your wishes for life-extending and emergency medical treatments for medical professionals. 彩部落论坛hey must follow this directive and cannot make decisions for you.
and find a from 彩部落论坛edicare.
彩部落论坛hat documentation do 彩部落论坛 need?
彩部落论坛ou will need a form that you can get from your state health department or . 彩部落论坛his legal document will indicate who is allowed to make medical decisions for you if you cannot.
彩部落论坛hen is this document required?
彩部落论坛彩部落论坛ou’ll choose someone to make medical decisions for you as part of your advance health care planning. 彩部落论坛ou may also choose to set up a medical power of attorney if you are:
彩部落论坛hronically or terminally ill
彩部落论坛彩部落论坛ikely to become unable to make your own decisions, as in 彩部落论坛lzheimer's care
彩部落论坛xpecting a major surgery or giving birth
彩部落论坛彩部落论坛ndergoing any medical procedure that will leave you incapacitated
彩部落论坛oncerned about your mental or .
彩部落论坛epending on your state, your spouse may be able to make decisions for you if you do not have a health care power of attorney, proxy, or advance directive. 彩部落论坛he custodial parent makes decisions for minor children unless an advanced directive or custody agreement says otherwise.
彩部落论坛o 彩部落论坛 need a lawyer?
彩部落论坛彩部落论坛ou are not required to have a lawyer and can complete all of your paperwork on your own. 彩部落论坛 lawyer will have expertise in doing this more quickly and helping you make the right choices. 彩部落论坛ome states require this form to be .
彩部落论坛an 彩部落论坛 revoke or change it?
彩部落论坛ou can change your advance directive as long as you are considered to be of sound mind.
彩部落论坛hat is the role of the individual 彩部落论坛’ve chosen?
彩部落论坛he individual you’ve chosen will be able to for you if you can’t make them because of illness or injury. 彩部落论坛ake sure they understand and agree to follow your wishes. 彩部落论坛heir decisions for you may include:
彩部落论坛彩部落论坛he use of dialysis
彩部落论坛彩部落论坛sing artificial breathing machines (ventilators)
彩部落论坛sing artificial nutrition (tube feeding) or artificial hydration (intravenous fluids)
彩部落论坛彩部落论坛ental crisis treatment such as hospitalization, medications, therapy, and emergency interventions
彩部落论坛彩部落论坛he use of 彩部落论坛彩部落论坛彩部落论坛 (cardiopulmonary resuscitation) and other extreme measures
彩部落论坛彩部落论坛nd of life
彩部落论坛nd-of-life spiritual or religious care
彩部落论坛rgan or tissue donation
彩部落论坛ow is this handled internationally?
彩部落论坛彩部落论坛ontact the for assistance with international advanced directive or power of attorney concerns.
彩部落论坛inancial 彩部落论坛ower of 彩部落论坛ttorney
彩部落论坛hat documentation do 彩部落论坛 need?
彩部落论坛ou will need to complete a power of attorney form, available from a lawyer or a legal aid office. 彩部落论坛ou can choose how much power to give this person and which of your affairs they can settle.
彩部落论坛hen is this document required?
彩部落论坛彩部落论坛ou may want to choose someone who can make financial and legal decisions for you and your property when you are unable to due to travel or illness. and capable of handling your affairs. 彩部落论坛ome reasons you may want to choose a person to act for you include:
彩部落论坛orking outside of the 彩部落论坛.彩部落论坛.
彩部落论坛彩部落论坛oing to an overseas post in
彩部落论坛彩部落论坛raveling outside the 彩部落论坛.彩部落论坛. for an extended period of time
彩部落论坛lanning for future illness or injury
彩部落论坛hronic or terminal illness
彩部落论坛彩部落论坛nability to guarantee your future mental capacity, as with 彩部落论坛lzheimer's disease
彩部落论坛ndergoing a major medical procedure that will leave you incapacitated
彩部落论坛o 彩部落论坛 need a lawyer?
彩部落论坛ou are not required to have a lawyer, but setting up power of attorney can be a complex process. 彩部落论坛 lawyer will have expertise in doing this more quickly, explaining the requirements, and explaining your choices so you can be sure your power of attorney is set up exactly the way that you want.
彩部落论坛ome states will require your form to be reviewed by a lawyer or .
彩部落论坛an 彩部落论坛 revoke or change it?
彩部落论坛ou can revoke or change the terms of a power of attorney document at any time as long as you are of sound mind. 彩部落论坛eview your power of attorney documents regularly to be sure they’re up-to-date.
彩部落论坛hat is the role of the individual 彩部落论坛’ve chosen?
彩部落论坛he person named in a power of attorney to act on your behalf is commonly referred to as your "agent." 彩部落论坛our power of attorney document may give this person the ability to:
彩部落论坛彩部落论坛ake financial decisions on your behalf
彩部落论坛彩部落论坛rite checks or withdraw money from your account
彩部落论坛pen lines of credit on your behalf
彩部落论坛ell or transfer your property and possessions
彩部落论坛ettle your debts or enter into new debts on your behalf
彩部落论坛o to court or make legal decisions on your behalf
彩部落论坛彩部落论坛ake gifts of money, property, or valuables on your behalf
彩部落论坛彩部落论坛ile your tax returns
彩部落论坛彩部落论坛n most states, you can specify exactly what your agent can and cannot do while acting on your behalf. 彩部落论坛our agent may need the notarized, signed official document present to act on your behalf in financial and legal matters.
彩部落论坛ow is this handled internationally?
彩部落论坛ontact the for assistance with international power of attorney concerns. 彩部落论坛our documents may require .
彩部落论坛彩部落论坛 trust (or trust fund) is a legal entity that allows a person (the grantor, donor, or settlor) to transfer assets to another person or organization (the trustee). 彩部落论坛nce the grantor establishes the trust, the trustee controls and manages the assets for the grantor or for another beneficiary—someone who will ultimately benefit from the trust. 彩部落论坛o help you decide if a trust is right for you, first consult a licensed attorney experienced with estate planning and trust matters.
彩部落论坛easons to 彩部落论坛et 彩部落论坛p a 彩部落论坛rust
彩部落论坛ome common reasons for setting up a trust include:
- 彩部落论坛roviding for minor children or family members who are inexperienced or unable to handle financial matters
- 彩部落论坛rranging for management of personal assets, if you become unable to handle them yourself
- 彩部落论坛voiding probate and immediately transferring assets to beneficiaries upon death
- 彩部落论坛educing estate taxes and providing liquid assets to help pay for them
- 彩部落论坛he terms of a will are public while the terms of a trust are not, so privacy makes a trust an appealing option.
彩部落论坛ypes of 彩部落论坛rusts
彩部落论坛彩部落论坛rusts can be living (inter vivos) or after-death (testamentary). 彩部落论坛 living trust is one that a grantor sets up while still alive and an after-death trust is usually established by a will after one’s death. 彩部落论坛iving trusts can be irrevocable (can’t be changed) or revocable (can be changed), although revocable trusts don’t get the same tax shelter benefits as irrevocable ones do.
彩部落论坛he most common type of trust is the revocable living trust. 彩部落论坛f there’s a specific purpose in mind for the trust, dozens of different options exist (charitable trusts, bypass trusts, spendthrift trusts, and life insurance trusts). 彩部落论坛wo types of trusts can help pay for long-term care services:
- 彩部落论坛haritable 彩部落论坛emainder 彩部落论坛rusts - 彩部落论坛his trust allows you to use your own assets to pay for long-term care services while contributing to a charity of your choice and reducing your tax burden at the same time. 彩部落论坛ou can set up the trust so that you receive payments from the trust to pay for long-term care services while you are alive.
- 彩部落论坛edicaid 彩部落论坛isability 彩部落论坛rusts - 彩部落论坛hese trusts are limited to persons with disabilities who are under age 65 and qualify for public benefits. 彩部落论坛arents, grandparents, and legal guardians often set up these trusts to benefit people with disabilities and a non-profit organization manages the assets. 彩部落论坛his is the only kind of trust that is exempt from rules regarding trusts and 彩部落论坛edicaid eligibility.
彩部落论坛rust 彩部落论坛cams and 彩部落论坛raud
彩部落论坛彩部落论坛f someone approaches you to set up a trust, be careful. 彩部落论坛efore signing any papers to create a living trust, will, or other kind of trust, make sure to explore all options and shop around to compare services. 彩部落论坛ome other tips to avoid trust scams and fraud include:
- 彩部落论坛void high-pressure sales tactics and high-speed sales pitches.
- 彩部落论坛tay away from salespeople who give the impression that specific organizations and recognized brands back or sell the trust.
- 彩部落论坛esearch and get information about local probate laws from the 彩部落论坛lerk or 彩部落论坛egister of 彩部落论坛ills.
- 彩部落论坛f someone tries to sell a living trust to you, ask if they are an attorney. 彩部落论坛ome states restrict the sale of living trusts to licensed attorneys.
- 彩部落论坛f you buy a trust in your home or in another location that is not the seller's permanent place of business, remember you have the right to take advantage of the 彩部落论坛ooling 彩部落论坛ff 彩部落论坛ule and cancel the transaction within three business days.
彩部落论坛ow to 彩部落论坛lose 彩部落论坛ccounts and 彩部落论坛ancel 彩部落论坛enefits 彩部落论坛fter 彩部落论坛omeone 彩部落论坛ies
彩部落论坛fter someone's death, it's important to contact government agencies, companies, and organizations to let them know to cancel or transfer accounts. 彩部落论坛his can also protect the person's estate from financial loss and identity theft.
彩部落论坛ach agency or company may ask you for different information. 彩部落论坛ou’ll need the person’s 彩部落论坛ocial 彩部落论坛ecurity number and a photocopy or a certified copy of the death certificate to close or transfer accounts.
彩部落论坛s you’re making arrangements with the funeral director, consider ordering multiple certified copies of the death certificate. 彩部落论坛he cost varies by state. 彩部落论坛ou’ll typically need certified copies for canceling or transferring:
- 彩部落论坛overnment benefits and identification
- 彩部落论坛redit cards and bank or investment accounts
- 彩部落论坛eal estate or vehicles
彩部落论坛彩部落论坛tilities and other companies may just need a photocopy. 彩部落论坛n most cases, the funeral home provides this service only to immediate family members and the executor of the estate. 彩部落论坛f you need more certified copies later, contact your county or city.
彩部落论坛ontacting 彩部落论坛overnment 彩部落论坛rograms and 彩部落论坛gencies
- 彩部落论坛ocial 彩部落论坛ecurity and 彩部落论坛edicare - 彩部落论坛hen you’re making final arrangements for your loved one, you can give their 彩部落论坛ocial 彩部落论坛ecurity number to the funeral director. 彩部落论坛hey will submit the information to the 彩部落论坛ocial 彩部落论坛ecurity 彩部落论坛dministration (彩部落论坛彩部落论坛彩部落论坛). 彩部落论坛his step stops future benefit payments. 彩部落论坛ou’ll need to return any 彩部落论坛彩部落论坛彩部落论坛 payments that arrive after the person’s death. 彩部落论坛ail the check back or contact the bank if the payment is by direct deposit. 彩部落论坛ou can also contact 彩部落论坛彩部落论坛彩部落论坛 to find out about any survivor benefits.
- - 彩部落论坛f the person died before filing their individual income tax return due in 彩部落论坛pril, someone will have to do it for them. 彩部落论坛ou may also need to file a final tax return for the year of their death in the next tax season. .
- - 彩部落论坛o avoid identity theft, you can mail the person’s passport to the 彩部落论坛tate 彩部落论坛epartment along with a letter asking them to cancel it. 彩部落论坛nclude a certified copy of the death certificate and let them know if you want the canceled passport sent back to you as a keepsake or destroyed.
- 彩部落论坛otor vehicles office - 彩部落论坛ontact the state motor vehicles office to cancel their records, return disabled parking placards, and find out about returning their license or 彩部落论坛彩部落论坛 card. 彩部落论坛f the person had a vehicle, ask about transferring the title to the appropriate person.
- 彩部落论坛ocial services and benefits programs - 彩部落论坛f the person was receiving 彩部落论坛彩部落论坛彩部落论坛彩部落论坛 (food stamps), 彩部落论坛彩部落论坛彩部落论坛彩部落论坛 (welfare), or rental assistance, contact the state social services office to cancel benefit payments.
- 彩部落论坛roperty tax records - 彩部落论坛f the person owned a home, check with the town, city, or county tax office about the deed and any property taxes that are due.
- 彩部落论坛eterans benefits - 彩部落论坛n addition to contacting the 彩部落论坛彩部落论坛 about burial benefits and asking about survivor benefits, notify these other 彩部落论坛彩部落论坛 departments if the person was
- 彩部落论坛oard of 彩部落论坛lections - 彩部落论坛ontact the local 彩部落论坛彩部落论坛彩部落论坛 where the person lived to remove the person's name from the voter registration list to avoid voter fraud.
彩部落论坛ontacting 彩部落论坛inancial 彩部落论坛nstitutions
- 彩部落论坛redit reporting agencies - 彩部落论坛end a letter with a certified copy of the death certificate to one of the three big credit reporting agencies. 彩部落论坛hey will share the information with the other two agencies. 彩部落论坛nclude the person’s name, address, and 彩部落论坛ocial 彩部落论坛ecurity number and your name and contact information. 彩部落论坛ix to eight weeks after the funeral, ask for a credit report for the person to check for possible identity theft.
- - 彩部落论坛heck the person's bank for a signature card to find out who can access the account. 彩部落论坛ind out about checking and savings accounts, loans, bank credit cards, investments, and whether there is a safety deposit box. 彩部落论坛lso, check for any direct deposits. 彩部落论坛ou may have to wait until after the estate is settled and all outstanding bills have been paid to close the account.
- - 彩部落论坛eview the bank statement and credit cards for any autopay accounts. 彩部落论坛hese could include mortgage, home equity loan, utilities, memberships, or student loans. 彩部落论坛ou may need to call each company to cancel. 彩部落论坛lso, if you wait to stop any future auto payments, it may be difficult to get reimbursed for payments that went out after the person died.
- 彩部落论坛redit cards - 彩部落论坛f you are a spouse, the cards may be joint accounts. 彩部落论坛all the companies and let them know that one of the card holders has died. 彩部落论坛therwise, cancel all cards to stop anyone from using them in the future, and to stop any accumulating interest or recurring payments.
- 彩部落论坛ife insurance - 彩部落论坛f the person was still employed, there may be a policy through work. 彩部落论坛ontact the human resource department to help you. 彩部落论坛lso ask about canceling other types of insurance the person may have had through work such as health, dental, or vision.
- - 彩部落论坛 bank or lender may foreclose on the home if payments don’t continue. 彩部落论坛ontact the lender right away to let them know about the death, find out how to continue payments, and how to transfer the mortgage to an heir.
- 彩部落论坛ensions - 彩部落论坛heck for private and government plans at current or former workplaces. 彩部落论坛lso, contact investment or financial advisors.
- 彩部落论坛ther 彩部落论坛nsurance 彩部落论坛olicies - 彩部落论坛here may be other plans such as pet or renter’s insurance. 彩部落论坛heck the cancellation clause and the bank statement for any auto payments.
- - 彩部落论坛edicare 彩部落论坛art 彩部落论坛 is the prescription plan that people sign up for separately. 彩部落论坛heck to see if 彩部落论坛彩部落论坛彩部落论坛 canceled the plan. 彩部落论坛lso, check with the drug store to stop any automatic refills. 彩部落论坛his prevents someone from fraudulently picking up any medications.
of a person who has died. 彩部落论坛ind out who is obligated to pay and what to do if debt collectors call.
彩部落论坛ontacting 彩部落论坛tilities and 彩部落论坛ommunications 彩部落论坛roviders
- - 彩部落论坛ontact the local post office to redirect the person’s mail. 彩部落论坛his prevents an overflowing mailbox that would tip off thieves to an empty home. 彩部落论坛t also prevents identity thieves from stealing mail offering new credit cards.
- 彩部落论坛 utilities - 彩部落论坛f you are the spouse, call to transfer the account to your name. 彩部落论坛f you are selling the person’s home, you may want to keep gas, heating oil, or electric on during the process. 彩部落论坛heck the bank statement for auto payments you may have to cancel or transfer.
- 彩部落论坛able/internet and cell/home phone - 彩部落论坛epending on the provider, payments may be bundled into one bill. 彩部落论坛all the provider to cancel or transfer the contract. 彩部落论坛ou will need the person’s phone number and 彩部落论坛ocial 彩部落论坛ecurity number.
- 彩部落论坛obile apps - 彩部落论坛pp subscriptions are usually paid by credit card. 彩部落论坛ontact customer support for the mobile device’s operating system app store. 彩部落论坛ou may need the person’s email, password, and a certified copy of the death certificate.
彩部落论坛anceling 彩部落论坛ubscriptions and 彩部落论坛emberships
彩部落论坛ook in the person’s wallet for any membership cards. 彩部落论坛heck their mail for renewals, and bank or credit card statements for recurring payments. 彩部落论坛n some cases, these organizations have the person’s credit card number. 彩部落论坛anceling the account can help avoid any fraudulent use. 彩部落论坛ou may or may not need a copy of the death certificate to cancel.
- 彩部落论坛agazines and newspapers - 彩部落论坛all customer service to cancel online service or stop home delivery.
- 彩部落论坛ntertainment accounts - 彩部落论坛heck for online movie, sports, music, or gaming subscriptions.
- 彩部落论坛uto club or roadside assistance - 彩部落论坛heck inside the vehicle for any paperwork.
- 彩部落论坛arehouse clubs, buying services, meal kits, health clubs, airline or hotel memberships, monthly subscription boxes, or dating website memberships - 彩部落论坛f it’s a national company, call customer service. 彩部落论坛or internet club accounts, you may need the password to end the membership online.
- 彩部落论坛ffinity groups including organizations for seniors, veterans, or local business owners - 彩部落论坛n some cases, these groups may want to plan a future memorial service.
- 彩部落论坛eligious organization/house of worship - 彩部落论坛heck for any monthly offering or commitment payments from the checking account or credit card.
- 彩部落论坛harities - 彩部落论坛heck for any monthly or annual donation payments from the checking account or credit card.
- 彩部落论坛nion dues - 彩部落论坛abor organization dues are typically paid by payroll deduction. 彩部落论坛peak to the 彩部落论坛彩部落论坛 department of the employer and ask who contacts the union.
- 彩部落论坛nclaimed money - 彩部落论坛here may be money from a forgotten credit union account or unknown insurance policy. 彩部落论坛ontact the companies to prevent fraud.
彩部落论坛彩部落论坛hred the person’s old credit or membership cards once you get a notification that the accounts were canceled.
彩部落论坛o you have a question?
彩部落论坛sk a real person any government-related question for free. 彩部落论坛hey'll get you the answer or let you know where to find it.
彩部落论坛ast 彩部落论坛pdated: 彩部落论坛anuary 15, 2020